Chiropractic is the science of detecting and correcting interference to the nervous system caused by spinal misalignments. It is a natural health care system based on 3 scientific principles:
- Your body is a self-healing organism under the control of the nervous system.
- Spinal misalignments cause nervous system interference.
- Interference to the nervous system can cause pain or other health problems.
What is Orthospinology?
Orthospinology is a specialty within the chiropractic field that utilizes a precise instrument adjustment for a gentle, painless correction. The correction is mathematically calculated for each patient, according to the misalignment of your spine. This specific adjustment is designed to remove interference from the spinal cord and restore body balance.
What is “body balance”, and why does it matter?
To understand body balance, you must understand what body imbalance is. Body imbalance is misalignment of the head and neck area of the spine, which in turn creates postural distortions in the head, shoulders, lower back, and hips. This imbalance also causes a functional short leg on one side and muscle spasms in the neck and back.
Body imbalance is often caused by:
- Bending and Lifting
- Birth Trauma
- Athletic or Exercise Injuries
- Poor Sleeping Habits
- Excessive Stress
How do we determine if you have body imbalance?
Body imbalance or postural distortion is determined by:
- Leg length measurement – In a lying down position, the leg lengths may differ as much as one-half inch.
- Posture Analysis – A head tilt, low shoulder, hip distortion, spinal curvature or other improper biomechanics.
- Infra-red scan – a computer generated diagnostic test to measure how the spine and nervous system is functioning based on the amount of infrared heat emitted from the body.
- Mathematical x-ray analysis – We take 3-dimensional x-rays and measure the degree of spinal misalignment.
- Scanning palpation of the spine – muscle tension and spasms in the neck can indicate spinal misalignment and imbalance.